Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) Testing Services
Office of the Communications Authority's Hong Kong Telecommunications Equipment Evaluation and Certification (HKTEC) scheme sets out the requirements for evaluation and certification of telecommunications equipment for connection to the public telecommunications networks.
To support the evaluation and certification scheme, the Company obtained accreditation from OFCA in July 1999 as one of the Recognized Test Agencies (RTA) to continue to conduct testing on CPE against the relevant Communications Authority (CA) standards. With our long history and highly skilled engineers, our evaluations on CPE include:
- Facsimile transceiver (FAX)
- Interactive voice response system (IVRS)
- Keyline telephone system (KTS)
- Private automatic branch exchange (PABX)
CPE Types & HKCA Specifications
The following two tables show the types of CPE and the relevant HKCA specifications that our testing services can provide CPE vendors:
| Single-line Equipment
|| Multi-line Equipment
- Analog telephone
- Fax machine
- Dial-up modem
- Answer machine with single port
- Dual-line telephone
- Keyline system
- Call distribution system
- Voice mail system
- The average time required for completion of CPE testing is from one to three weeks depending on the type of equipment. If some non-compliant items are revealed, and they require re-testing after modification then the testing time will be extended accordingly.
- The Company will review the testing facilities from time to time in order to enhance new testing services for our customers.